Jill & Jason | St. Louis Wedding Photography

I feel like Jill and I have been friends forever. When really, we’ve only known each other for a short while. I started sorting through all of her and Jason’s wedding images and I got all emotional! My favorites are really starting to get out of hand! I feel so proud of her, not to mention just how happy I am for her and Jason. I love how this couple jokes and laughs with one another – they are just perfect together!

Jill is the only bride who asked ME how much time we needed for the day! She completely planned her wedding day agenda around something really important to her – the photography! LOVE it! Thank you! *Secret. I really love when a bride and groom choose to stay within 1 or 2 close locations to take their special photos. It keeps us from rushing and having to deal with traffic. We don’t always have a lot of time and the day goes by so fast!

The couple decided to have a first look and had a special spot in mind near Faith Des Peres Presbyterian Church to take their shots. (My favorite time!) After the ceremony, they were whisked away in an old Rolls Royce, driven by the original owner! We were in photo heaven, and we really appreciated all the little details we could capture and add to the story.

After the sunset shots with the Rolls, we headed to Algonquin Country Club for dinner and dancing. I’m going straight to the punch and tell about the first dances! Jill, Jason and her dad all practiced for weeks with St. Louis’s acclaimed ballroom dance instructor, Diana Roberts. Jill and her dad swayed to the waltz, while she and Jason did the fabulous fox trot. I felt like I was watching Dancing with the Stars! It was awesome! Ryan and I would have been a complete wreck, as neither of us remember steps or like being in front of a crowd! We’ve noticed a big trend in having a dance instructor actually instruct the wedding guests. Definitely a neat way to get everyone involved in dancing!

When we were just about to leave the reception, Jill (and her mom too!) thanked us for being part of their special day and for our “art.” I love that. It really means a lot to me that my clients understand that wedding photography can be art. It’s a type of photography that has really evolved through the years, and that it doesn’t have to be so traditional and old fashioned! The local market is saturated with talented photographers, so when Jill and Jason chose to work with us we were thrilled. They put their trust in us to tell the story through our eyes. Love you guys!

I hope you and your family adore and enjoy these beautiful wedding day images for a lifetime. Congratulations Jill and Jason – we wish you all the best and much happiness through the years.

Much love and appreciation,

Flowers: Bloomin’ Buckets

Cake: Sugaree Baking Company

Music (Ceremony): Preludio Strings

DJ: The Pros

Ballroom Dancing Lessons: Diana Roberts

John VosickyDecember 8, 2010 - 7:36 pm

Congratulations- I’m real happy for you Jason. You two make a beautiful couple…

MonicaDecember 6, 2010 - 5:07 pm

Jason, the photos of you and your bride are absolutely stunning. It was a beautiful wedding, no special touch left undone. Thank you for sharing these photos with me. Monica

Darlene MaurerNovember 25, 2010 - 2:52 am

Your wedding pictures Jill and Jason are beautiful. Your photographer captured the wonder and beauty of the day.I enjoyed sharing your special day with you. Your beautiful pictures will be a reminder of special times shared together.
all my love for a great marriage,
Aunt Darlene

Barb EllisNovember 23, 2010 - 4:42 am

Jill and Jason,
Your wedding pictures are amazing! The photographer definitely captured your spirit and personality. The owner of the Rolls Royce was a great touch. I wish you a lifetime of fun and happiness.

Barb EllisNovember 23, 2010 - 4:41 am

Jill & Jason,
I feel like I was at your wedding! I love your pictures! The photographer did an awesome job capturing your personalities and the happiness and joy of the occasion. The Rolls Royce owner was an awesome touch. I wish you two a lifetime of happiness and fun!

Lois SeverinNovember 21, 2010 - 5:08 am

Wow! Terriffic pictures to go with a wonderful wedding. Thanks for letting me be apart of your special day.

Paul HulenNovember 21, 2010 - 5:04 am

Beautiful photos. They really capture the joy of the occasion.

CaitlinNovember 20, 2010 - 8:36 pm

These pictures are so great!! I’m so glad I was able to be there for the big day!

Julia MullerNovember 20, 2010 - 6:41 pm

Really gorgeous! Works of art.

Julia MullerNovember 20, 2010 - 2:09 pm

Each time I look at the pictures, I see another wonderful detail.

Brenda HarbertNovember 17, 2010 - 10:45 pm

Heather and Ryan, Your photography is truly art. I am overwhelmed with the memories of Jill and Jason’s wedding day every time I view these stunning photos, which is often. Thank you for sharing that day with us in such an incredibly meaningful way.

Alice LehnhoffNovember 17, 2010 - 5:57 pm

Great pictures – looks like you had a great time.

Julia MullerNovember 16, 2010 - 4:13 pm

Every time that I look at the pictures, they look more beautiful!

Julia

Pat HinesNovember 16, 2010 - 1:48 am

Wow Jill, you both look so amazingly glamorous!! I love the black and white pics too. Good luck choosing your favorites…..it is going to be hard!

Nanci DuehrenNovember 16, 2010 - 1:38 am

Love the uniqueness of the photos! Hollywood quality!!!

Sue SmithNovember 15, 2010 - 10:53 pm

Stunning wedding pics, Jill! You truly look like a wedding model! Love the barn shot! Very artistic photography! Can’t wait to see your album when it’s finished! Thanks for sharing!

Earl ShreckengastNovember 15, 2010 - 2:39 pm

Wonderful pictures of a fabulous wedding.

EKS

Debby HeckerNovember 13, 2010 - 1:26 pm

Beautiful pictures of a beatiful bride and hansome groom. It was one of the most beautiful weddings I have ever attended. Your photography has captured the feeling of the event.

Patti DuvallNovember 13, 2010 - 5:05 am

Those pictures are stunning! I love love love them and can see why Jill and Jason were so impressed with their work. they definitely captured all the beautiful moments of a very special day for two very special people.

dennis cardwellNovember 12, 2010 - 10:58 pm

wow, just met jill and these pics are amazing. love how the photographer captures these two in such a classy way. very well done all around. congrats to you two. dennis

Jenelle MooreNovember 12, 2010 - 10:40 pm

So many of these photos look absolutely timeless. The lighting, the naturalness of your expressions, and the back/forth of some of the photos is breathtaking. Just wish I could’ve been there for the dance lessons! Congrats again to Jill and Jason!

Linda LeshNovember 12, 2010 - 3:56 pm

Over the years I have been preveledged to attend and view many lovely weddings and their photos. The ones I love best are those that capture the couples personality in a real way. Many times the couples look awkward and posed – truly a production, but not with these photos. These photos are truly some of the BEST I have seen. The bride looks like a model! The atmosphere that was captured is truly a work of art! You can ‘see’ the love they have for each other and sense how natural that love have become. How wonderful they will have these photos for a lifetime! As a photographer, you truly have ‘the gift’! You have taken wedding photography to an artform. Thank you.

mike harbertNovember 12, 2010 - 3:49 am

Hey,like WOW! Jill is like out of one of these glamour magazines. what a lucky dad to say hey thats my daughter . hope to see more of jill and jason dad

CynthiaNovember 12, 2010 - 1:41 am

Beautiful pictures from a most beautiful day! The mood is captured so well by the photographer. These pictures tell a very special story.

Dave WinfreyNovember 11, 2010 - 10:55 pm

What a beautiful bride!

Julie ColtonNovember 11, 2010 - 9:54 pm

Beautiful pictures of the wedding. I couldn’t be there, but really felt how lovely it was from the photos. Thanks for sending them. Julie

Pam MooreNovember 11, 2010 - 5:26 pm

Gorgeous!The photos capture Jill’s elegance, Jason’s playful nature and your love for each other.

Erin HickeyNovember 11, 2010 - 4:38 pm

Great Pictures! I love your dress it is stunning and your hair looks amazing too.

Earl ShreckengastNovember 11, 2010 - 3:33 pm

Stunningly beautiful—the bride herself and the exquisite photography.

Bob HockenhullNovember 11, 2010 - 1:54 pm

Beautiful pictures of a beautiful wedding – and what a beautiful bride!

(I’m honored to be included in those seeing the pictures…Thanks, Jill)

Marjorie SmithNovember 11, 2010 - 4:21 am

The secret to the absolute beauty of these wedding pictures is the light. The photographer seized the light, the day couldn’t have been more perfect but even more the light in the eyes of the bride and groom made the secret beauty.

JKMNovember 11, 2010 - 12:13 am

The pictures really do justice to an elegant, elaborate, and wonderful wedding!

Jill HarbertNovember 10, 2010 - 10:31 pm

Heather and Ryan,

Aaagghhhhhhhh — can you hear me screaming?!! These pictures are SO SO BEAUTIFUL. What a talent you are, but then again I saw a magazine ad with ONE photo you took and I was sold…
I’m almost without words (and you know how talkative I am)! These photographs make me feel like it’s October 2nd all over again! They are everything I had hoped for. THANK YOU! Jill

Your email is never published or shared. Required fields are marked *

There was an error submitting your comment. Please try again.